Ergonomical – smart CRUTCH
Smart CRUTCH is designed to spreading the direct weight load from your hands and wrists to your forearms. smart CRUTCH is ergonomically superior in every way. Each unit is fully adjustable to enable true user customization to suit each upper limb in every individual.
A REVOLUTIONARY CRUTCH DESIGN DRIVEN THROUGH NEED
The revolutionary smart CRUTCH was developed and designed by Colin Albertyn and his team of experts. Colin’s experience with conventional crutches made him realise that there was a great need to improve the safety and comfort of a crutch and this led to this revolutionary idea being turned into an opportunity.
Spending time on crutches adds to everyday stress and the demands of a busy and active life-style. The last thing one needs is more frustration due to the pain and discomfort of being on crutches.Consequently, the smart CRUTCH team has developed a new generation crutch with the user’s lifestyle in mind. This revolutionary new ergonomic design transforms quality of life and offers unprecedented comfort.
smart CRUTCH is designed to reduce pain, discomfort and fatigue
Spreading the direct weight load from your hands and wrists to your forearms. smart CRUTCH is ergonomically superior in every way. Each unit is fully adjustable to enable true user customization to suit each upper limb in every individual.
• The angles can be adjusted from 15° to 90°.
• The hand piece can be lengthened or shortened to balance the centre gravity under the shoulders to
suit the patient.
• The heights are adjusted similarly to conventional crutches along the shaft below the pivot.
• The foot piece rubbers are unique in design. The design allows the rubber to angulate in all directions
during weight transfer to the ground, ensuring horizontal adherence of the non-skid flat tread to the
ground at all times. This provides a far more secure hold than conventional foot rubbers,
adding to the increased feel of confidence the crutches give.
• Recommended Height Range: 5′ to 6’4″ (152.4cm to 193cm)
• Increased surface area resulting in a six fold reduction in pressure
• More comfort through even distribution of hands and forearms
• Fully adjustable settings to meet personal mobility requirements
• 9 position “push-pin” height adjustment
• Locking spline allows for secure rotational angle settings
• Ergonomically designed grips for added comfort and support
• 3 point forearm length settings
• Hourglass-shaped foot maximizes ground contact regardless of leg position
|Weight of a single crutch:||1.76lbs (800 g)|
|Minimum Height Adjustment:||31.5 inches (800 mm)|
|Maximum Height Adjustment:||47.3 inches (1200 mm)|
|Adjustment Increments:||1.18 inches (30mm)|
|Forearm Adjustment Range:||10.6 inches to 14.2 inches (270 to 360 mm)|
|Weight Limitation:||260lbs (120 kg)|
|Materials:||Injection Molded PVC/Aluminum/Rubber Composite|
BLACK, BLUE, GREEN, GREY, ORANGE, PINK, PURPLE, RED, YELLOW